For those who want to spend less time in a busy parking lot and more time floating down the Russian River, the Regional Parks River Shuttle is back, providing a low-cost transportation option this summer.
The shuttle will take visitors to and from Tom Schopflin Fields in Santa Rosa to Steelhead Regional Park and Sunset Beach Regional Park in Forestville. An all-day shuttle ticket is $5.
To participate, go to russianrivershuttle.mytrakk.com, buy a ticket and show the QR code when boarding. Customers will receive a wristband which will serve as their return ticket.
Visitors are allowed to bring deflated rafts and tubes, coolers, fishing rods and other gear on the shuttle. They are encouraged to get off at Steelhead Beach to float to Sunset Beach (estimated travel time is 4.5 hours). A free inflation station can be found near the entrance kiosk, but a hand pump can be useful to avoid long lines.
The Regional Parks invite visitors to:
- Practice Leave no trace packing up litter to keep beaches pristine and wildlife healthy and safe.
- Deflate rafts and tubes before boarding the shuttle.
- Keep your belongings with you, there are no storage options on the shuttle or at the park.
- Keep in mind that the consumption of alcohol is not permitted on the shuttle or in the parks.
- Do not bring dogs on the shuttle.
The low-cost transportation option is available through Labor Day, Monday, September 5, 2022.
For questions about the shuttle, call the operator, C3 Transportation, at 1-800-727-0279 or 415-727-7158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reach editor Alana Minkler at 707-526-8511 or email@example.com. On Twitter @alana_minkler.