Built into the cliffs above the old fishing village of Conca dei Marini, Borgo Santandrea is the first new luxury hotel to open on the Amalfi Coast in 15 years. It’s an elegant and serene sanctuary with a chic coastal design, love-inducing views of the Mediterranean Sea, and a romantic atmosphere.
The aesthetic marries classic Italian charm and contemporary seaside sophistication infused with mid-century modern touches that nod to the original 1960s structure. Venetian glass add even more character to interior spaces. Of course, the dazzling design is not limited to the interior. The hand-painted blue and white tiles extend perfectly to the generous outdoor terraces. Fragrant native plants — olive, lemon, and pomegranate trees, winter jasmine, bougainvillea, and myrtle — line the walkways and stairways. The result is airy and elegant with a distinct sense of place that feels unmistakably Amalfi.
Borgo Santandrea has 29 rooms and 16 suites. The apartments have floor-to-ceiling windows, Once Milan sheets, Parma water toiletries, Italian marble bathrooms, and stunning sea views. Some even have private saltwater pools.
The culinary program is led by a Michelin-starred chef Crescenzo Scotti. The three restaurants and bars pay homage to local ingredients. Alici celebrates the classic flavors of Campania with tables in a sunny dining room and panoramic patio. Modern, expertly prepared dishes take center stage in The Libreria. The beach club serves more casual fare like wood-fired pizza. The Terrazza bar stands out as the most stunning place to sip a Negroni or Aperol spritz and watch the boats float in the azure waves. It is also possible to book a private tasting in the wine cellar.
Unique on the Italian Riviera, the property has an exclusive beach club. The beachfront swimming pool is another splendid place to swim. There is also a private jetty and boat so guests can arrive and depart by water.
- The atmosphere: A respite from coastal sophistication with a chic beach club and breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Approvals: Beach club, private jetty and boat, manicured gardens, three restaurants, two bars, wine cellar, outdoor saltwater pool, and sea-view terraces.
- Food + Drink: Every morning, the divine scents of fresh bread and pastries fill the air from the breakfast buffet. The beach club is the perfect place for pizza and wine after a swim in the warm waters of the Mediterranean Sea. Nothing is more romantic than a sunset cocktail at the La Terrazza bar. La Libreria offers diners gourmet delights that look (and taste) like edible works of art.
- Our favorite thing about the hotel: The fact that the property has an exclusive beach club –– quite unique for the Italian Riviera.
- Neighborhood Recs? Take a short boat ride to La Tonnarella, Jackie Kennedy’s favorite restaurant, for lunch or head to Amalfi Town to do some souvenir shopping and soak up the lively atmosphere of Piazza dei Dogi. When hunger strikes, grab a table at L’Abside restaurant for zucchini pasta and the catch of the day. Save some room for dessert. The main street is connected to gelaterias that prepare a traditional lemon sorbet.
- Nearby Attractions: St. Andrew’s Cathedral, Chiostro del Paradiso, Villa Rufolo, Grotta dello Smeraldo and cycling through the rolling countryside.
- Rooms: 45 rooms and suites decorated in Italian splendor with Once Milano linens, Acqua di Parma toiletries and Italian marble bathrooms.
- Pricing: Rooms start at $770/night
- Nearest airport: Naples International Airport